• 1200 Blalock Rd, Suite 107, Houston, TX 77055

Immigration Law

Houston Immigration Lawyer

We are devoted to the practice of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Law and assist clients with a wide array of immigration questions and issues. Over the years, we have successfully handled non-immigrant visa petitions, immigrant visa petitions for both employment and family based.

Our firm provides the following immigration services:


If you are here in the United States and you fear being deported to your home country, you may be eligible for asylum, withholding of removal, or relief under the Convention Against Torture Act. We can help you understand your options and determine the best course of legal action. It’s crucial to initiate the Asylum process with an experienced attorney at the earliest opportunity. Our role is to lead you through the entirety of the process in a timely and efficient manner.

What is Asylum for Immigration?

Asylum is a form of legal protection that the government of the United States extends which allows individuals to remain in the United States instead of being deported if such individuals can demonstrate fear of persecution in their home country based on their membership in a group. Asylum differs from refugee status because asylees apply for protection when they are inside the country as opposed to outside.

You may obtain asylum if you have a well-founded fear of future persecution on account of your:
i. Race
ii. Nationality
iii. Religion
iv. Political opinion
v. Membership in a particular social group
This includes experiencing or fearing harm as a result of your sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity.

Once approved, asylees have the right to remain in the United States until the conditions in their home country are no longer harmful. Approved asylees can apply for a work permit to work in the country. After a year of asylum status, asylees can apply for a green card, and four years after that can apply for citizenship in the United States.

Securing asylum can prove to be a challenging endeavor, depending on your specific situation. Our office boasts significant expertise in the meticulous preparation and successful submission of numerous asylum applications. While no case can be assured of a positive outcome, engaging the services of a skilled asylum attorney can aid you in constructing your case and getting ready for your interview.

Bars to Applying for and Receiving Asylum in the United States

Timing in asylum cases is crucial. Asylum seekers must file their cases within one year of their arrival to the United States. The application may be filed outside the one year period of time if the applicant can show changed circumstances that materially change the applicant’s eligibility for asylum, or extraordinary circumstances directly related to the delay in filing of the application.
Criminal history can affect a person’s eligibility for asylum. Different convictions can affect a case differently. If you have been arrested and convicted of crimes in the past and still wish to seek asylum, we advise that you seek an immigration attorney to determine the best way to approach your case.

Withholding of Removal & Relief under the Convention Against Torture Act

If you have a bar preventing you from getting asylum, you may want to consider applying for withholding of removal or relief under the Convention Against Torture Act. The basis of the claim is very similar to asylum, but the standard of proof is higher. With a withholding of removal case, you must show it is “more likely than not” that your life or freedom will be threatened should you be returned to your home country.
Relief granted to those receiving a withholding of removal is also more limited than those with asylum status. Withholding of removal does not automatically lead to a lawful permanent resident status, nor does it allow for traveling outside the United States. Additionally, if the government finds another country to which you can be safely removed, you may be moved to that country instead.

Non-immigrant Visas

• E-1 (Treaty Trader & Treaty Investor)
• F-1 (Student Visas)
• H-1B (Specialty Worker)
• J-1 Waiver (Exchange Program Participants)
• J-1 Advisory Opinion
• L-1 (Intra-company Transferees)
• O-1 (Outstanding Researcher)
• R-1 (Religious Workers)

Employment-based Immigration

• NIW (National Interest Waiver)
• EB-1(a) (Alien of Extraordinary Ability)
• EB-1(b) (Outstanding Professors/Researchers)
• EB-1(c) (Multinational Manager or Executive)
• EB-2 Based on PERM (Advanced Degree/Exceptional Ability)
• EB-3 Based on PERM (Professionals, skilled workers and other workers)
• EB-4 (Special Immigrant & Religious Workers)
• EB-5 (Investor Visa)

Family-based Immigration

• Petition for Spouse
• Petition for Parents
• Petition for a Child or Son and Daughter
• Petition for Siblings
• K Visa (Fiance/Fiancee)